You can earn trophies when you accomplish certain objectives in games that support the trophy feature. Trophies are divided into four grades according to how easy or difficult it is to earn them. The number of trophies, and what it takes to earn them, varies from game to game.
- Information about trophies you have earned is saved on your system. If you sign up for Sony Entertainment Network, you can save information about the trophies you have earned on PSNSM servers. It is recommended that you regularly synchronize your trophy information with PSNSM servers.
- You can only earn trophies on the first PS Vita system that you start a game on. If you play the game on another PS Vita system, you will not be able to earn trophies. When you play the game on a different PS Vita system, if you sign up with the same account, you are recognized as the same player who first started the game, and then you will be able to earn trophies.
By synchronizing your trophy information with PSNSM servers, you can:
- See earned trophies on the profile screen of the (Friends) application
- Compare trophies with your friends
- See the trophies you earned on your PS3™ system and PS4™ system
- Keep the trophies you earned using your old system, if you dispose of or transfer ownership of your system and then later get a new system
- Retain trophies on the servers, even if you earn trophies in more than 100 games
When you select (Trophies) > [Start] > (Options) > [Sync with Server], trophy information is synchronized with the servers. To synchronize, you must be signed in to PSNSM.
When you are signed in to PSNSM, trophy information is synchronized with the servers automatically at the following times:
- When you select (Trophies)
- When you select (Trophies) > [Start] and switch the trophy information that is displayed by selecting (PSNSM) on the trophy information screen
- When a trophy is newly earned
- When you select (Friends) > [Start] and then select the trophy information that is displayed on your profile screen