Your system uses the following types of card media:
The memory card is designed specifically for the PS Vita system. Your system stores games downloaded from PlayStation®Store, as well as saved data and add-on data for games, on the memory card. You can also save content such as photos and music on the memory card.
- You cannot use Memory Stick™ media such as the Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) on your system.
- Insert or remove the memory card only when the power is off. Inserting or removing the memory card while the power is on, including when your system is in standby mode, can cause data corruption or loss.
- After you sign up for Sony Entertainment Network from your system, memory cards that you insert are linked to your account. You can only use the memory cards in systems to which the same account is linked.
The PS Vita card is designed specifically for storing PlayStation®Vita format software (games and other applications) for use on your system. For some games, the PS Vita card can also store saved data and add-on data.
A region code is assigned to each PS Vita card according to the country or region in which the PS Vita card is sold.
- You cannot use UMD™ (such as those used for games and videos) on your system.
- Removing the PS Vita card or turning off the power when the PS Vita card access indicator is blinking can cause data corruption or loss.
SIM card (only for 3G/Wi-Fi models)
On 3G/Wi-Fi models, you need a SIM card to access a mobile network.
Insert or remove the SIM card only when the power is off. Inserting or removing the SIM card while the power is on, including when your system is in standby mode, can cause data corruption or loss.