Saved Data in System Storage
Each user can manage saved data in PS4™ system storage. Select (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Saved Data in System Storage].
Upload to Online Storage
To upload saved data to online storage, select the saved data and then select [Upload]. When you save data to online storage, you can then download the data to a PlayStation®5 console or another PS4™ system.
To use this feature, you must be a PlayStation®Plus subscriber.
- You can also upload saved data from the home screen. Highlight the game, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Upload/Download Saved Data].
- It's also possible to use the automatic upload feature. For details, see “Auto-Upload”.
- Online storage can have up to 100 GB of saved data from PS4™ games and 100 GB of saved data from PS5™ games.
- To view the progress of uploads, select (Notifications) from the function screen.
Copy to USB Storage Device
As a backup, you can copy saved data to a USB storage device connected to your PS4™ system. Copy saved data from the USB storage device to a PS5™ console or another PS4™ system.
For each game, you can select the saved data to copy.
- To use this feature, you need to have signed in to PlayStation™Network at least once.
- FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.
- Be sure to fully insert the USB storage device into the USB port. Some devices are not compatible due to shape or design.
Use this function to delete saved data in PS4™ system storage. You can select the saved data to delete for each game.