Copying and deleting games and other applications using a computer
Copy games and other applications or saved data on your system to or from a computer (Windows/Mac).
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your system.
- Connect your computer to the Internet.
- Download and install Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® on your computer.
Download Content Manager Assistant from the following website:
- On the computer, check that Content Manager Assistant is installed and started.
Look for the Content Manager Assistant icon in the notification area of the taskbar to verify that the application is running:
Look for the Content Manager Assistant icon in the menu bar to verify that the application is running:
- On your system, select (Content Manager) > [Copy Content].
- Select (PC).
You must set a checkmark in the [Connect to PS Vita System or PS TV System Using Network] checkbox under [Network Connection Settings] in the Content Manager Assistant, and register your system with the computer. For details, see "Transferring data to and from a computer".
- Select [ PC → PS TV System] or [ PS TV System → PC].
- Select [Applications].
Select the category containing the content you want to copy or delete.
- Select the checkboxes of the applications you want to copy or delete, and then select [Copy] or [Delete].
- This is an example for PlayStation® Vita format software:
- Some PS Vita cards save related data, such as saved data or add-on data, on memory cards. When you perform a copy or delete operation, only that data is copied or deleted. Related data that is saved on PS Vita cards themselves cannot be copied or deleted.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
- You can delete application data when the home screen is displayed. Press the button on the home screen to enter edit mode and delete data. If you delete the application icon, all the data for the application is deleted.