Copying and deleting games and other applications using a PS3™ system
Copy games and other applications or saved data on your system to or from a PS3™ system.
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your system.
- Sign in to PlayStation™Network on your PS3™ system.
You must use the same Sony Entertainment Network account on your PS Vita system and your PS3™ system.
- On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (Users).
- On your system, select (Content Manager) > [Copy Content].
- Select (PS3™ System).
When using this feature for the first time, you must register (pair) a PS3™ system with your system. For details, see "Transferring data to and from a PS3™ system".
- Select [ PS3™ System → PS TV System] or [ PS TV System → PS3™ System].
- Select [Applications].
Select the category containing the content you want to copy or delete.
- Select the checkboxes of the applications you want to copy or delete, and then select [Copy] or [Delete].
- This is an example for PlayStation®Vita format software:
- Some PS Vita cards save related data, such as saved data or add-on data, on memory cards. When you perform a copy or delete operation, only that data from the memory card is copied or deleted. Related data that is saved on PS Vita cards themselves cannot be copied or deleted.
- When multiple PlayStation™Network accounts are linked with the PS3™ system, the applications for all accounts are displayed. However, you can only copy and delete applications for the account that is linked with your system.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- You cannot copy content from the PS3™ system to your system if the content is already installed on the PS3™ system. To enable copying of this type of content to your system, download the content again from the download list in PlayStation®Store using the PS3™ system.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
- You can delete application data when the home screen is displayed. Press the button on the home screen to enter edit mode and delete data. If you delete an application icon, all the data for the application is deleted.