Watching videos and viewing photos by transferring them to your PS TV system
You can transfer content that is playing or displayed on your PS Vita system to your PS TV system. This lets you view the content on your TV.
Content that can be transferred
- Content being played in (Videos)
Content purchased or rented from PlayStation®Store and content that has copyright protections cannot be transferred.
- Streamed video being played in (Browser)
- Photos being displayed in (Photos)
Videos taken with the camera and panoramic photos cannot be transferred.
- You can also transfer content from devices that are connected to your PS Vita system, such as a PS3™ system, a PC (Windows/Mac), or a nasne™ system.
- Playback might not be possible, depending on your network environment and the type of content.
Your PS Vita system and PS TV system must be connected to the same network.
- On your PS TV system, close all open applications.
- On your PS Vita system, display or play the content you want to transfer, and then select (PS TV).
If a passcode is set on your PS TV system, the passcode entry screen is displayed. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your PS TV system, select (Settings) > [Start] > [System] > [Media Transfer Settings] and confirm that a checkmark is set in the [Allow Media Transfer from Other Devices] checkbox.
- When you transfer content, you can automatically turn on the connected PS TV and the connected TV from your PS Vita system. (The TV must be compatible with the Control for HDMI™ feature.) For details, refer to the sections (Settings) > [System] > [Enable Turning On This System from Network] and [Enable HDMI Device Link] in the PS TV system's user's guide.
Transferring content from devices connected to your PS Vita system
Before transferring content, you need to do the following:
- Sign up for PlayStation™Network
Use the same Sony Entertainment Network account on your PS Vita system and your PS TV system. Also use the same account on your PS3™ system if transferring content from the PS3™ system.
- Using (Content Manager), register the PS TV system and the device connected to it.
When sending content to your PS TV system, the available options might differ from the options available on your PS Vita system.
Quitting playback on the PS TV system
On your PS Vita system, select (PS Vita).