Create a new message, or select an existing message and reply to it.
Users whose use of communication features is restricted cannot send or receive (Messages with other players). For details, see "Sub Account Management".
Creating a new message
- Select (Messages) > [Start] to go to the screen for creating a new message.
- Select (Create Message).
- Select the players to send the message to.
- When you have finished choosing recipients, select [OK].
- Enter a message, and then select [Send].
- Messages can be sent and received only between players on other PS Vita systems, PS TV systems, PS4™ systems, and players using smartphones or other devices with PlayStation®App installed.
- You can send a message to a group of 1 to 99 users.
- Ask the message recipients in advance for their online IDs.
- You can enter up to 512 characters in a message.
Messages can include images that you attach, or voice messages that you record and attach. Select (Attach a file) on the message input screen, and then follow the instructions displayed.
- Select the attached file to view or delete it.
- You cannot record voice messages while you are chatting in (Party).
- You can only attach one file at a time.
- You cannot attach files of sizes 1 MB and larger.
- The maximum length of a voice message is 15 seconds.
Selecting a message and replying to it
When you select a message, you can respond to continue the previous exchange.
A maximum of 200 messages are displayed. After you reach this 200 message limit, your oldest message will be automatically deleted each time you send or receive a new message.