Sharing your gameplay
When you use Share Play, two players who have joined the same party can share the game screen. The player who initiates Share Play is the host, and the player who joins is the visitor.
- You can use Share Play with players using a PS5™ console or a PS4™ system.
- For details on parties, see "Joining a party".
- A child who is restricted by parental controls might not be able to use this feature.
What you can do with Share Play
- Share the game screen with one visitor
The host's game screen appears on the visitor's screen. The visitor cannot operate the host's screen.
- Give Controller to Visitor (Allow the Visitor to Play as You)
The host's game screen appears on the visitor's screen, and the visitor plays as the host. The host must be a PlayStation®Plus member.
- Give Controller to Visitor (Play a Game Together)
The host's game screen appears on the visitor's screen, and both the host and visitor play together while viewing the same screen. The host and the visitor must be PlayStation®Plus members.
- You can use Share Play for up to 1 hour at a time. Share play automatically ends an hour after the visitor joins.
- You can view the remaining time for Share Play from the party screen. For details about the party screen, see "What's on the party screen".
- Only the host can earn trophies during Share Play.
- During Share Play, when the host views a screen other than the game screen, a standby image appears on the visitor's system.
- For the host and visitor to play a game together, the host's device needs to be set up in advance. If you are the host, from your PS4™ system go to (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [PS4 System Restrictions] > [New User Creation and Guest Login] and then select [Allow].
- Depending on the player's account and the game played, Share Play may not be available, or some scenes may not appear to the visitor.
- When the host has HDR enabled, the colours in the video seen by the visitor might be different from the colours seen by the host.
Starting Share Play as a host
Select [Share Play] > [Start] from the party screen. When a visitor joins Share Play, your system's screen is shared with the visitor.
Give Controller to Visitor
Select [Share Play] > [Give Controller to Visitor] from the party screen.
To take the controller back, select [Share Play] > [Take Back Controller] from the party screen. Even after you take the controller, your screen will be shared until you stop Share Play.
Stop Share Play
Select [Share Play] > [Stop Share Play] from the party screen. Share Play will stop and the system will return to the party screen.
To check how much time is remaining, or to hand over the controller, select [Share Play] on the quick menu.
Joining Share Play as a visitor
Select [Share Play] > [Join Share Play] from the party screen.
- A )
- Share Play visitor status
|(Watching Host Play)||You cannot control the host’s screen.|
|(Playing as Host)||You can control the host’s screen.|
|(Playing as Host)||You cannot control the host’s screen during intervals when the game does not allow it.|
|(Playing Game with Host)||Both host and visitor can control the same screen.|
|(Playing Game with Host)||The visitor cannot control the host’s screen during intervals when the game does not allow it, or when the visitor is not a PlayStation®Plus member.|
- As a Visitor, you can display your own home screen and control your PS4™ system by pressing the PS button during Share Play. To return to the host’s screen, select (Share Play) from the content area.
- Share Play stops and the system returns to the party screen when you select [Share Play] > [Leave Share Play].
- Visitors cannot save screenshots or video clips from the host’s screen.
When you cannot connect to Share Play
To get the best experience from Share Play, both the host and the visitor must each have a high-speed Internet connection. Refer to this information if you experience Share Play connection or stability issues.
- Generally, a minimum upstream and downstream connection speed of 2 Mbps is recommended.
You can view an estimate of your connection speed in (Settings) > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection].
- A wired Internet connection is recommended for the PS4™ system.
- If you're using a Wi-Fi (wireless) connection, place the PS4™ system closer to the access point or router and make sure there are no obstructions between them.
- Do not use Share Play while other devices on your network are using a large amount of bandwidth.
Connection speed varies depending on your network. For details, contact your Internet service provider.