Activate as Your Primary PS4
Activate your PS4™ system as your primary system, using your Sony Entertainment Network account. Activating your system enables these features:
- Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can use applications you purchase from PlayStation®Store.
- Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can enjoy the benefits of your PlayStation®Plus subscription.
- Your PS4™ system can automatically download content you pre-ordered, or content you've purchased on (PlayStation®App).
- You can connect to your PS4™ system via the Internet using Remote Play on another device.
- Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can use the themes that you purchase from PlayStation®Store.
- You can activate only one PS4™ system per account.
- When you activate a system, other users of the system can use applications and enjoy some of the PlayStation®Plus benefits of your account, even when that user is not logged in.
- To enjoy certain PlayStation®Plus benefits, you must subscribe to the service. For details, visit the SIE website for your country or region.
Activating your system
The PS4™ system you use to sign in to PlayStation™Network for the first time is automatically activated as your primary PS4™ system. To activate your system after you first sign in, select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
Deactivating your system
Select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Deactivate] on an activated PS4™ system.
- Deactivate your PS4™ system before transferring or disposing of it.
- When multiple users have activated the system as their primary PS4™ system, deactivate it for each user.
When you cannot deactivate your system
When you cannot deactivate your system, for example, due to a malfunction or because your system has been disposed of, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
You can also deactivate all systems for each content type from this website.
Select [Deactivate All] under [Account] > [Media and Devices] for the type of content for which you want to deactivate all activated systems.
- Depending on the type of content, you might not be able to deactivate all systems using this page.
- This website is available only in certain countries and regions.