Activate as Your Primary PS4
You can activate the system as your primary PS4™ system with your Sony Entertainment Network account. By activating the system, the following actions can be performed:
- Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can enjoy applications you purchase from PlayStation®Store.
- Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can enjoy numerous benefits if you subscribe to PlayStation®Plus.
- You can automatically download to the PS4™ system content you pre-ordered, or content purchased on PlayStation®App.
- You can connect to the PS4™ system from a PS Vita system via the Internet using Remote Play.
- You can activate only 1 PS4™ system per account.
- If a user activates a system with his or her account, other users on the system can use applications and enjoy some PlayStation®Plus benefits from that account, even if that user is not logged in.
- To enjoy certain PlayStation®Plus benefits, you must subscribe to the service. For details, refer to the website for your country or region.
Activating a system
The first time you sign in to PSNSM, you normally select whether you want to activate the system. To activate the system after you first sign in, select [PSNSM] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
Deactivating a system
Select [PSNSM] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Deactivate] on an activated PS4™ system.
- You can deactivate a PS4™ system only from that system. Deactivate the PS4™ system before transferring or disposing of it.
- If multiple users have activated the system as their primary PS4™ system, deactivate it for each user.
When you cannot deactivate a system
When you cannot deactivate an activated system using that system, for example, due to a malfunction or because the system has been disposed of, contact customer support in your country or region.
You can also deactivate all activated systems for each content type from the following website.
Select [Deactivate All] under [Account] > [Media and Devices] for the type of content for which you want to deactivate all activated systems.
- Depending on the type of content, you might not be able to deactivate all of the activated systems using this page.
- This website is only available in certain countries and regions.