Back Up and Restore
You can back up data saved in PS4™ system storage to a USB storage device, or use the device to restore backed up data to your PS4™ system. This feature is useful when replacing the hard disk, transferring ownership or replacing your PS4™ system.
Connect the USB storage device you want to use for the backup, and then select (Settings) > [System] > [Back Up and Restore].
- Do not turn off your PS4™ system while backing up or restoring data. Doing this might damage your system.
- When restoring data, all current settings and information saved on your PS4™ system will be deleted. This cannot be undone, even if you cancel the restore operation. Make sure you do not delete any important data by mistake. Deleted data cannot be restored.
Back Up PS4
Use this function to copy the data saved in PS4™ system storage to a USB storage device. The name of the backup data file is automatically set with the date and the order it was saved. You can add notes in [Description].
- FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.
- Be sure to fully insert the USB storage device into the USB port. Some devices are not compatible due to shape or design.
- Trophies are not included in the backup data. To save the trophies you've earned to PlayStation™Network servers, select (Trophies) from the function screen, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Sync with PlayStation Network].
- All user data is included in the backup data.
- Users who have never signed in to PlayStation™Network can restore saved data to only the original PS4™ system that was backed up. To restore saved data to another PS4™ system, you must sign in to PlayStation™Network before backing up data.
- Saved data can be copied for each individual user. For details, see "Saved Data in System Storage".
Use this function to restore backup data from a USB storage device to a formatted PS4™ system.
- The system software on the PS4™ system to be restored must be the same version as that on the PS4™ system from which the data was backed up. Otherwise make sure the system to be restored has the latest system software.
- When you restore saved data to another PS4™ system, family members who have never signed in to PlayStation™Network are removed from your family. After restoring, the family manager must add deleted family members again.
Delete Backup Data
Use this function to delete backup data saved on a USB storage device.