Broadcasting your gameplay
You can broadcast (stream) your gameplay by using online services.
- Press the SHARE button while playing a game, and select [Broadcast Gameplay].
- Select an online service.
If you have several channels, the screen for selecting a channel is displayed.
- Prepare to broadcast.
You can enter a description or adjust settings for features such as including video from PlayStation®Camera or audio from the microphone. You can adjust advanced settings by pressing the OPTIONS button.
- Select [Start Broadcasting].
Improving video quality from the camera
The following guidelines may help improve video quality from the camera.
- Brighten your room.
- Reduce backlighting (the brightness behind you).
- If the light from the windows is too strong, close the curtains and use interior lighting.
- Move about 1 m (3 ft) away from the PlayStation®Camera.
- Peel off the protective film from the lenses.
- If the lenses are dirty or have fingerprints on them, clean them with a soft cloth.
If [Background] is set to [Chroma Key], also note the following information.
- Use a blue or green background.
- To prevent your shadow from appearing in the background, position yourself away from the background and make sure the background is evenly illuminated.
- Select [Find Face] to enable the camera to detect your face and background again.
- The first time you connect to an online service, you must enter your account information for the online service. If you do not have an account, create one by visiting the online service's website. Also, depending on the online service, you might need to register as a paid member.
- You can adjust camera or microphone settings even while streaming content. Press the SHARE button while streaming, and then select [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings].
- Limits on the length of time you can broadcast and other details vary by online service.
- To unlink from online services, press the SHARE button, then press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Link with Other Services].
- If broadcasts will not start or comments are not displayed, make sure the following port numbers are enabled. For information about confirming your port numbers and how to adjust settings, refer to the instructions supplied with the network device in use, and information from your Internet service provider.
- TCP: 1935, 2805～2899, 6667
Viewing the screen during a broadcast
- A )
- Number of spectators
- B )
- Camera status*1
- C )
- Video from the camera*1
- D )
- Microphone status*2
- E )
- Number of comments
- F )
- Most recent comments
All comments are displayed if you press the SHARE button and then select [Broadcast Settings] > [View Comments]. If you set a checkmark in [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings] > [Comments to Speech] > [Enable Comments to Speech], the system can speak the comments.
- G )
- Message to Spectators
To adjust the setting, press the SHARE button and select [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings] > [Message to Spectators].
- When using a PlayStation®Camera.
- When using a headset or the microphones on a PlayStation®Camera.
- During a broadcast, a standby image will be displayed to the spectator if you switch from the game screen to a different screen, such as the home screen or a settings screen, or if there is a scene that cannot be broadcast.
- To display the game using the full screen, remove the checkmark from [Display Message to Spectators and Spectators' Comments].
- Comments are displayed only when the screen resolution is either 1080i or 1080p.
- The comments-to-speech feature is available only when comments are not displayed and the system language is set to [日本語] or [English (United States)].
- The items displayed vary depending on the settings.
- If a checkmark is set in (Settings) > [Devices] > [PlayStation®Camera] > [Mute Microphone], that setting is prioritized.
Stopping a broadcast
Press the SHARE button, and then select [Broadcast Settings] > [Stop Broadcasting].