Broadcasting your gameplay
You can broadcast (stream) your gameplay by using online services.
- Press the SHARE button while playing a game, and select [Broadcast Gameplay].
- Select an online service.
If you have several channels, the screen for selecting a channel is displayed.
- Prepare to broadcast.
You can enter a description, adjust settings for the PlayStation®Camera, and perform other actions. If you link your accounts from online services such as Twitter to your Sony Entertainment Network account, you can adjust settings so that a link to the broadcast is posted.
- Select [Start Broadcasting].
- The first time you connect to an online service, you must enter your account information for the online service. If you do not have an account, create one by visiting the online service's website. Also, depending on the online service, you might need to register as a paid member.
- During a broadcast, a standby image will be displayed to the spectator if you switch from the game screen to a different screen, such as the home screen or a settings screen, or if there is a scene that cannot be broadcast.
- Broadcasts can include voice chat during parties. Press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed and set a checkmark in [Share Settings] > [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings] > [Include Party Audio in Broadcast]. Broadcasts will include only the voices of players who have enabled [Allow Your Voice to be Shared] in party settings.
- Limits on the length of time you can broadcast and other details vary by online service.
- To unlink from online services, press the SHARE button, then press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Link with Other Services].
- If broadcasts will not start or comments are not displayed, make sure the following port numbers are enabled. For information about confirming your port numbers and how to adjust settings, refer to the instructions supplied with the network device in use, and information from your Internet service provider.
- TCP: 1935, 2805～2899, 6667
Viewing the screen during a broadcast
- A )
- Number of spectators
- B )
- Camera status*1
- C )
- Video from the camera*1
- D )
- Microphone status*2
- E )
- Number of comments
- F )
- Most recent comments
All comments are displayed if you press the SHARE button and then select [Broadcast Settings] > [View Comments].
- G )
- Message to Spectators
To adjust the setting, press the SHARE button and select [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings] > [Message to Spectators].
- When using a PlayStation®Camera.
- When using a headset or the microphones on a PlayStation®Camera.
- You can change settings for the camera, the microphone, how comments display, and other settings by pressing the SHARE button, and then selecting [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings]. To display the game using the full screen, remove the checkmark from [Display Message to Spectators and Spectators' Comments].
- Comments are displayed only when the screen resolution is either 1080i or 1080p.
- The items displayed vary depending on the settings.
- If a checkmark is set in (Settings) > [Devices] > [PlayStation®Camera] > [Mute Microphone], that setting is prioritized.
- Voice operations are also possible during broadcasts. To view a list of voice commands, select (Settings) > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings] > [Commands for Voice Operation].
Stopping a broadcast
Press the SHARE button, and then select [Broadcast Settings] > [Stop Broadcasting].