Sharing a video clip
Video of the most recent 15 minutes of gameplay is continuously and automatically recorded.
- For some games, there might be scenes in which video cannot be recorded. The maximum 15 minutes of gameplay that are saved as a video clip do not include scenes in which video cannot be recorded. An icon is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen at the start and end of these scenes.
- You can adjust the length of the video clip that you save. Press the SHARE button, press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Video Clip Settings] > [Length of Video Clip].
- Press the SHARE button, and then select [Upload Video Clip].
The video clip is saved.
- Select a video clip.
- Select an online service.
- Edit the video clip
You can limit a video clip to a scene you like by trimming its start point and end point. Select [Trim]. You can also add comments, and if you link your account from Twitter, you can adjust settings for features such as posting a link to the broadcast.
- Select [Share].
When you know the scene you want to save
Press the SHARE button twice at the start of the scene you want to save, and then press the SHARE button again at the end of the scene. If you do not press the SHARE button at the end of the scene, recording will continue until the maximum video clip length you have set has been reached, and then a video clip will be saved.
- You can set whether icons will be displayed when scenes cannot be recorded, whether you want to include microphone audio when recording a video clip, and other options. Press the SHARE button, then press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Video Clip Settings].
- If a checkmark is set in (Settings) > [Devices] > [PlayStation®Camera] > [Mute Microphone], that setting is prioritized.
- The first time you connect to an online service, you must enter your account information for the online service. If you do not have an account, create one by visiting the online service's website.
- Only 1 video clip can be uploaded at a time.
- Methods for deleting uploaded video clips vary by online service.
Viewing video clips that you saved
Select (Capture Gallery) from the content area.
If you press the OPTIONS button, you can sort content by name or date, and delete content. You can also copy content to a USB storage device.
FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.