Sharing a video clip
Video of the most recent 15 minutes of gameplay is continuously and automatically recorded. You can adjust the length of the video clip that you save.
- For some games, there might be scenes in which video cannot be recorded. The maximum 15 minutes of gameplay that are saved as a video clip do not include scenes in which video cannot be recorded. An icon is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen at the start and end of these scenes.
- To adjust settings such as changing the video clip length and hiding the icon for unrecordable scenes, press the SHARE button, then press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Video Clip Settings].
- Press the SHARE button, and then select [Upload Video Clip].
The video clip is saved.
- Select a video clip.
- Select an online service.
- Edit the video clip
You can limit a video clip to a scene you like by trimming its start point and end point. Select [Trim]. You can also add comments, and if you link your Twitter account to your Sony Entertainment Network account, you can adjust settings for features such as posting a link to the broadcast.
- Select [Share].
When you know the scene you want to save
Press the SHARE button twice at the start of the scene you want to save, and then press the SHARE button again at the end of the scene. If you do not press the SHARE button at the end of the scene, recording will continue until the maximum video clip length you have set has been reached, and then a video clip will be saved.
- You can include microphone audio in a video clip. Press the SHARE button, then press the OPTIONS button while the menu for the Share feature is displayed, and then select [Share Settings] > [Video Clip Settings] > [Include Microphone Audio in Video Clip].
- If you set a checkmark in [Share Settings] > [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings] > [Include Party Audio in Broadcast], you can include voice chat from parties in video clips. Video clips will include only the voices of players who have enabled [Allow Your Voice to be Shared] in party settings.
- If a checkmark is set in (Settings) > [Devices] > [PlayStation®Camera] > [Mute Microphone], that setting is prioritized.
- The first time you connect to an online service, you must enter your account information for the online service. If you do not have an account, create one by visiting the online service's website.
- Only 1 video clip can be uploaded at a time.
- Methods for deleting uploaded video clips vary by online service.
Viewing video clips that you saved
Select (Capture Gallery) from the content area.
If you press the OPTIONS button, you can sort content by name or date, and delete content. You can also copy content to a USB storage device.
- FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.
- Be sure to fully insert the USB storage device into the USB port. In some cases, the device might not be compatible due to its shape or design.