Uploading a video clip
You can save gameplay as a video clip. Video clips can then be shared with other players by uploading them to online services.
Saving a video clip
Video of the most recent 15 minutes of gameplay is continuously and automatically recorded. You can save gameplay as a video clip, in either of the following ways.
- Press the SHARE button, and then press the button.
- Press the SHARE button, and then select [Save Video Clip].
- Some games contain scenes that cannot be recorded. The maximum 15 minutes of gameplay that are saved as a video clip do not include scenes in which video cannot be recorded. An icon appears in the upper left corner of the screen at the start and end of these scenes.
- When you know the scene you want to save, press the SHARE button twice at the start of the scene, and then press the SHARE button again twice at the end of the scene. If you do not press the SHARE button at the end of the scene, recording will continue until you reach the maximum length allowed by your video clip settings, and then the video clip will be saved.
- To change settings for video clips and uploads, select (Settings) > [Sharing and Broadcasts].
Viewing video clips that you saved
Select (Capture Gallery) from the content area.
Press the OPTIONS button to sort saved video clips by name or date, and delete video clips. You can also copy saved video clips to a USB storage device.
- FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.
- Be sure to fully insert the USB storage device into the USB port. Some devices are not compatible due to shape or design.
- With HDR enabled, the colors in the saved video clips might be different from the colors in the gameplay video.
Uploading a video clip
- Press the SHARE button, and then select [Video Clip] to save the video clip.
- Select an online service.
- Select a video clip.
- Edit the video clip
Select [Trim] to edit a video clip's start point and end point. You can also add comments or limit who can see what you share.
- Select [Share].
- The first time you connect to an online service, you must enter your account information for that service. If you do not have an account, create one by visiting the online service's website.
- Only one video clip can be uploaded at a time.
- Methods for deleting uploaded video clips vary by online service.