A keyboard appears when it is necessary to enter text or when you tap a text-entry field. To enter text, tap keys on the keyboard.
With some applications, as you enter text, suggestions for completing the text appear.
- A )
- Suggestions for completing entered text
- B )
Delete characters to the left of the cursor. Comparable to the button on the PS Vita system.
Line Break / Search / Send / Go
Perform an appropriate action depending on the situation.
Move the cursor
Move the cursor to the left or right in entered text. When a keyboard is displayed, you can also move the cursor by tapping somewhere in already entered text in the text-entry field. Comparable to the L button and R button on the PS Vita system.
Enter uppercase letters
Tap this key to enter a single uppercase letter. When the indicator in the upper right lights up green, tap the letter.
To enter a continuous string of uppercase letters, touch and hold this key and enter letters. Depending on the language (and associated keyboard), you can double tap this key to enable the Caps Lock feature. To clear the Caps Lock, tap the key again.
Tap this key to switch to a keyboard for entering numbers and symbols.
Change character types Close
Close the keyboard. Comparable to the button on the PS Vita system.
- The keys displayed vary depending on the language (keyboard).
- In some languages (keyboards), some keys are not displayed.
Saving commonly used words
You can add terms to each language (keyboard) to be used for text entry.
- Tap (Settings) > [Start] > [Language] > [Input Languages] > [Keyboards / Add Terms] and tap the language (keyboard) to which you want to add the term.
- Tap [Add/Edit Term].
- Tap (Options) > [Add Term] to add the term.
In some languages (keyboards), you cannot add terms.
Using keyboards for different languages
You can make multiple languages available for entering text. While entering text, you can switch back and forth between the languages (keyboards).
Selecting languages (keyboards) to be available for text entry
- Tap (Settings) > [Start] > [Language] > [Input Languages] > [Keyboards / Add Terms] and tap the language (keyboard) in the list that you want to be available for text entry.
- Tap the checkbox to set a checkmark for the desired language.
Switching between languages when entering text
- When entering text, tap (Switch Keyboards) on the keyboard.
The language for the keyboard currently in use appears on the keyboard.
- Flick the keyboard to the left and right to display additional available keyboards.
- With the keyboard you want to switch to visible, tap (Switch Keyboards) to switch to it.