- A )
- (Displaying web page that uses SSL)
- B )
- (Web filtering service in use)
- C )
- Address bar
- D )
- (Cancel)/ (Refresh)
Select to cancel opening a web page or to refresh the contents of an open web page.
- E )
- F )
- (Back to Top of Page)/ (Next)/ (Back)/ (Window)/ (Bookmarks)
If you start the Browser application while a game or (Videos) is in use, the display of some web page content is limited.
Entering the address (URL)
- Select the address bar.
If the address bar is not visible, move the screen down.
- Enter the address of a web page, and then select (Enter).
The keyboard closes and the web page opens.
Opening a linked web page in a new window
- Touch and hold the link you want to open until the menu appears.
- Select [Open in New Window].
Using Pointer to open links
Display a pointer by touching the screen and holding either the L button or R button down. Move the pointer over to the link you want to open, and then release your finger. To enable operation with a pointer, you must select (Options) > [Settings] > [Use Pointer] checkbox to set a checkmark.
Zooming in and zooming out on a web page
You can zoom in and zoom out on a web page using any of the following methods:
- Pinch out the area you want to zoom in on, and pinch in the area you want to zoom out from.
- Double tap the area you want to zoom in on or zoom out from.
You can save images on a memory card* and view the saved images in (Photos).
- For a PCH-1000 series system, you must have a memory card for the PS Vita system inserted.
- Touch and hold the image you want to save until the menu appears.
- Select [Save Image] > [Save].
Starting a game or (Videos) while saving an image might interrupt the save process.
You can watch streaming videos on a web page.
|Jump back/Jump forward||Press the button or button
You can switch between three levels of jump interval every time you press the button. If you hold down the directional button after the jump interval is selected, the video will jump in the selected interval as long as the button is held down.
|Adjusting the screen mode||Double tap the screen
You can switch between Normal display, which fits the image to the size of the screen, and Zoom display, which expands the width by eliminating side margins or expands the height by eliminating top and bottom margins.
You can change the playback settings, such as the screen mode or subtitles, under (Options) > [Settings].
- You can adjust subtitle settings only for videos that contains subtitle information. (Subtitles) icon is displayed for videos with subtitles.
- It might not be possible to watch some videos of supported types.
- You can also transfer a video that is playing on your PS Vita system to your PS TV system. This lets you watch the video on your TV. For details, see "Watching videos and viewing photos by transferring them to your PS TV system".
Viewing a map
You can display a map by selecting the URL embedded with map information on a page and launching (Maps).
Controlling with the rear touch pad
You can control some features in the browser with the rear touch pad. To enable control with the rear touch pad, you must select (Options) > [Settings] > [Use Rear Touch Pad] checkbox to set a checkmark.
|Scrolling up and down||Flick or drag|
|Zooming out on a web page||Double tap|
You can tweet the currently displayed page. Sign in to PSNSM on your system, select (Options) > [Share on Twitter]. When you first select [Share on Twitter], you must select whether you want to use Twitter and enter your account information for Twitter.
Controlling with the buttons on your system
|Scrolling up or down||Move the left stick up or down.|
|Zooming in or zooming out on a web page||Move the right stick up or down.|
|Showing or hiding the menu for a link||Press the button when the cursor is over a link.|
To use this feature, you must select the (Settings) > [Start] > [System] > [Control with Buttons on PS Vita System] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable the setting.