In (Group Messaging) the first step is to create a group of people to exchange messages with.
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- You can send a message to a group of from 1 to 16 recipients.
- You can exchange messages with users who are using PS3™ systems. Messages sent from PS3™ systems are identified by the message "Sent from a PS3™ system".
- You can send and receive messages with attached files only between PS Vita systems.
- Tap (Group Messaging) > [Start] to go to the screen for creating a new message.
- Tap (Create Message).
- Tap [Add Recipient].
Follow the on-screen instructions to select the person you want to send the message.
- When a group with more than three people is created, the number of people included in the group is displayed next to (Group).
- To send a message to multiple people by selecting recipients from [Shared Play History], repeat step 3.
- Before sending a message, get the online IDs of the intended recipients to enter their online IDs.
- To include someone in a group who is not yet a friend, tap that person's avatar to display his or her profile screen, from which you can send a friend request.
- When you have finished choosing recipients, tap [OK].
- Tap in the [Create Message] text-entry field to enter your message, and then tap [Send].
Your message is sent to the members of the group.
- Messages are limited to 512 characters.
- A maximum of the latest 30 groups are displayed on the screen that lists groups.
You can attach and send an image from (Photos). Tap (Attach a file), and then tap the image you want to send.
- Tap (Attached file) to check or delete an attachment.
- You can only attach one file at a time.
- You cannot attach files of sizes 1 MB and larger.
- Attached files are not sent to PS3™ systems. Only the messages are sent.
Sending messages to the group you have created
- Tap the group that you want to send a message to.
- The messages that have been exchanged within the group appear.
- Tap the text-entry field to write your message, and then tap [Send].