In (Messages) the first step is to create a group of people to exchange messages with.
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your system.
- You can send a message to a group of 1 to 99 users.
- You can exchange messages with users who are using PS4™ systems and PS3™ systems. Messages sent from PS3™ systems are identified by the message "Sent from a PS3™ system".
- Select (Messages) > [Start] to go to the screen for creating a new message.
- Select (Create Message).
- Select [Add Recipient].
Follow the screens to select the person you want to send the message.
- When a group with more than three people is created, the number of people included in the group is displayed next to (Group).
- To send a message to multiple people by selecting recipients from [Shared Play History], repeat step 3.
- Before sending a message, get the online IDs of the intended recipients to enter their online IDs.
- To include someone in a group who is not yet a friend, select that person's avatar to display his or her profile screen, from which you can send a friend request.
- When you have finished choosing recipients, select [OK].
- Select in the [Create Message] text-entry field to enter your message, and then select [Send].
Your message is sent to the members of the group.
- Messages are limited to 512 characters.
- A maximum of the latest 30 groups are displayed on the screen that lists groups.
- You can also add members to an existing group. Select (Options) > [Add Recipient] from the message screen.
You can take photos with the camera, and then attach and send images from (Photos). Select (Attach a file), and then select the image you want to send.
- Select (Attached file) to check or delete an attachment.
- You can only attach one file at a time.
- You cannot attach files of sizes 1 MB and larger.
- The attached file can only be sent and received between players on other PS Vita systems, PS Vita TV systems, PS4™ systems, and players using smartphones or other devices with PlayStation®App installed. Attachments are not sent to PS3™ systems; only the message is sent.
Sending messages to the group you have created
- Select the group that you want to send a message to.
- The messages that have been exchanged within the group appear.
- Select the text-entry field to write your message, and then select [Send].