To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
To check for and receive new messages, tap (Refresh) on the screen that lists message exchanges. When new messages arrive, (New Message Indicator) appears next to new messages and next to message exchanges that have new messages.
- Tap the group for the message that you want to view.
- Tap the message.
The message appears and you can read the full text of the message.
- If an invitation to join a game, or an item or other add-on data item from a game is received, tap it to play the game. If you do not own the game, the page where you can purchase the game in (PS Store) appears.
- A maximum of the latest 200 messages can be received.
- On the screen that lists messages, tap (Options) > [Settings] > [Receive Automatically] to change the interval for receiving messages. If you set this to [Off], you will only receive messages when you tap (Refresh).
- You cannot receive messages from a player on your block list.
- Tap (Options) > [Grief Report] to report inappropriate messages.
- When the use of chat features is disallowed under (Settings) > [Start] > [PlayStation®Network] > [Sub Account Management], a user who is a sub account holder might receive a party invitation, but the user cannot join the party.
Viewing and saving attached image
Tap (Attached file) on a message to view an image. When the image is displayed, tap (Save) in the lower right to save the image.
- Images unsupported by a PS Vita system and content except images cannot be displayed and saved.
- You can view the saved images in (Photos).
- You can search for information related to some types of graphic files, such as screenshots from games, in PlayStation®Store by tapping (PS Store).