Use (Messages) to exchange messages with Friends and other players. You can group people together, making it easy to exchange messages with multiple players at the same time.
- You can also exchange messages from your PS5™ console or (PlayStation App).
- A child who is restricted by parental controls might not be able to send or receive messages.
Creating a new group and sending a message
- Select (Messages) from the function screen.
- Select [Create Message].
- Select a group member.
For details, see “Selecting another player”.
- Enter a message, and then select [Send].
When a group is created of three or more people, the player that created the group becomes the group owner. As the group owner, you can delete the group or remove members from the group.
From the function screen, select (Messages) and then select the group from the list. Then, follow these steps to delete the group or remove members from the group.
- To delete the group, select the [Messages] tab and then from the options menu, select [Delete Group].
- In the [Players] tab, select the member you want to remove from the group and then select [Kick Out from Group].
Sending a message to an existing group
Select (Messages) from the function screen, and then select a group from the list.
- A )
You can also view this information in (Notifications) from the function screen.
- B )
- (Error indicator)
This indicator appears when the message has not been sent.
- C )
- To add groups to your Favorites for easy communication, press the OPTIONS button and select [Add to Favorites].
- To stop receiving notifications for a group, press the OPTIONS button and then select [Turn Notifications Off].
- You can specify up to 99 players per group.
- You can enter up to 512 characters in a message.
- You can limit the players who can add you to groups. For details, see “Privacy Settings”.
Leaving a group
Select the group that you want to leave, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Leave]. After you leave the group, you'll no longer be able to view messages for that group.