Starting a game
- Insert a PlayStation®Vita card into your system.
The icon for the game appears on the home screen.
- Select the icon for the game.
The LiveArea™ screen for the game appears.
- Select [Start] on the gate.
The game starts.
- When playing a game, assign the controller to "1" (blue). Controller assignments can be adjusted in the quick menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button.
- Some PlayStation®Vita format software is not compatible with your system.
Pausing and resuming playing a game
To pause a game and return to the LiveArea™ screen for the game, press the PS button.
To resume playing the game, select [Continue] on the gate of the LiveArea™ screen for the game.
Quitting a game
Press the PS button to return to the game's LiveArea™ screen, and then press and hold the button to peel the LiveArea™ screen and close the game.
- After you quit a game, the icon for the game remains on the home screen, even if you remove the PS Vita card. Without the PS Vita card inserted, if you select the icon for the game, the LiveArea™ screen opens but you cannot start the game. To start the game, you must insert the PS Vita card.
- If you want to remove icons from the home screen, press the button on the home screen. The home screen will enter edit mode, and you can delete the icons. Be aware that when an icon is deleted, all the game data associated with that icon is also deleted.
Using saved data
Two types of games are stored on PS Vita cards. One type saves data on the PS Vita card and the other type saves data on the memory card. To determine which is the case for a specific game, see the software manual for the game.
- The saved data is saved with the application data (game data).
- For a game that saves data on a memory card, you can use (Content Manager) to copy or back up application data (including saved data) to a different device, such as a PS3™ system or computer.
- For a game that saves data on a PS Vita card, you cannot copy or back up the application data (including saved data). As a PlayStation®Plus member, you can copy and back up data to PlayStation™Network servers (Online Storage).