Playing videos on discs
Insert the disc, and then select the content from the content area. The first time you play a disc, you must enable the disc playback feature over the Internet.
Supported disc formats
- Blu-ray Disc
- BD-R/RE (BDAV, BDMV)
- DVD-R/RW*2 (video mode, VR mode*3)
- Hybrid discs are supported.
- AVCHD is supported.
- CPRM is supported.
- Playback of the following types of discs is not supported.
- BD-RE ver.1.0
- BD-R/RE XL
- Blu-ray 3D™
- DVDs that have not been finalized
- Do not use the following discs. If you do, the system may be damaged.
- 8 cm discs
- Non-circular discs, such as discs in the shape of a card, star, or heart
- Discs that are cracked or deformed, or discs that have been repaired
- A DualDisc features one side that conforms to the DVD standard, and another side with audio only. The audio-only side cannot be played on the PS4™ system.
- For continuous playback of copyright-protected BDs, the encryption key for AACS (Advanced Access Content System) may need to be renewed. To renew the key, you must update the system software.
- Some discs may not be playable due to scratches, dust, the quality of recording, or the characteristics of the recording device.
- In rare instances, DVDs, BDs and other media may not operate properly when played on the PS4™ system. This is primarily due to variations in the manufacturing process or encoding of the software.