Copying and deleting games and other applications using a PS3™ system
Copy games and other applications or saved data on your PS Vita system to or from a PS3™ system.
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- Insert the memory card for the PS Vita system into your PS Vita system.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your PS Vita system.
If you have an account that was created on a different device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, you can sign in using that account.
- Sign in to PlayStation®Network on your PS3™ system.
To use the Content Manager application, you must sign in using the same account on your PS3™ system and your PS Vita system.
- On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (Users).
- Connect your PS Vita system to the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
- On your PS Vita system, tap (Content Manager) > [Start].
- Tap (PS3™ System).
- Tap either [ PS3™ System → PS Vita System] or [ PS Vita System → PS3™ System].
- Tap [Applications].
Tap the category containing the content you want to copy or delete.
- Tap to set checkmarks in the checkboxes of the applications you want to copy or delete, and then tap [Copy] or [Delete].
- This is an example for PlayStation®Vita format software:
- When you perform a copy or delete operation for a game or other application on the PS Vita card that stores saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita system's memory card, only the data stored on the memory card is copied or deleted. Saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita card cannot be copied or deleted.
- When multiple PlayStation®Network accounts are linked with the PS3™ system, the applications for all accounts are displayed. However, you can only copy and delete applications for the account that is linked with your PS Vita system.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- You cannot copy content from the PS3™ system to your PS Vita system if the content is already installed on the PS3™ system. To enable copying of this type of content to your PS Vita system, download the content again from the download list in PlayStation®Store using the PS3™ system.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
- To delete application data from your PS Vita system, use edit mode from the home screen. To enter edit mode, touch and hold the home screen. If you delete the application icon, all the data for the application is deleted.