Copying and deleting games and other applications using a PS3™ system
Copy games and other applications or saved data on your system to or from a PS3™ system.
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- For a PCH-1000 series system, insert a memory card for the PS Vita system.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your system.
If you have an account that was created on a different device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, you can sign in using that account.
- Sign in to PSNSM on your PS3™ system.
To use the Content Manager application, you must sign in using the same account on your PS3™ system and your system.
- On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (Users).
- On your system, select (Content Manager) > [Copy Content].
- Select (PS3™), and then select (USB cable) or (Wi-Fi).
When you first connect using Wi-Fi, you must register your PS3™ system with this system. For details, see "Transferring data to and from a PS3™ system using Wi-Fi".
- Select either [ PS3™ System → PS Vita System] or [ PS Vita System → PS3™ System].
- Select [Applications].
Select the category containing the content you want to copy or delete.
- Select the checkboxes of the applications you want to copy or delete, and then select [Copy] or [Delete].
- This is an example for PlayStation®Vita format software:
- When you perform a copy or delete operation for a game or other application on the PlayStation®Vita card that stores saved data and add-ons on the memory card*, only the data stored on the memory card* is copied or deleted. Saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita card cannot be copied or deleted.
- For a PCH-1000 series system, you must have a memory card for the PS Vita system inserted.
- When multiple PSNSM accounts are linked with the PS3™ system, the applications for all accounts are displayed. However, you can only copy and delete applications for the account that is linked with your system.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- You cannot copy content from the PS3™ system to your system if the content is already installed on the PS3™ system. To enable copying of this type of content to your system, download the content again from the download list in PlayStation®Store using the PS3™ system.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
- To delete application data from your system, use edit mode from the home screen. To enter edit mode, touch and hold the home screen. If you delete the application icon, all the data for the application is deleted.