Remote play outside your home via the Internet
You can use the Remote Play application when you are away from home and even when you are overseas.
- A )
- A PS3™ system
Connecting to the Internet using a LAN (Ethernet) cable or wireless network
- B )
- A cable modem or DSL modem
- C )
- D )
- A wireless access point or a wireless router
- You may not be able to use remote play via the Internet in some network environments. For details, see (Network) > (Remote Play) > [Use Remote Play (via Internet)] in the PS3™ system's user's guide.
- How to use a public Wi-Fi hotspot and how much it costs varies by service provider. Contact the service provider for details.
Preparing for first-time use
Before using remote play via the Internet, do the following:
- Link the PS3™ system and your PS Vita system to the same Sony Entertainment Network account.
If you created an account on a device such as the PS3™ system or a computer, you can use that account on your PS Vita system.
- When using an access point provided by a commercial or public Wi-Fi service, or by a private wireless network, set up your PS Vita system so that it can connect to that access point.
Registering your PS Vita system with the PS3™ system
Register your system using the Wi-Fi on your PS Vita system and the PS3™ system.
If you are using a PS3™ system that does not have Wi-Fi network capability, register your system by connecting your PS Vita system to the PS3™ system through an access point that is connected to the PS3™ system.
Perform this procedure with your PS Vita system near the PS3™ system or the access point.
- On the PS3™ system, select (Settings) > [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device] > [PS Vita System].
A number appears on the screen.
- On your PS Vita system, tap (Remote Play) > [Start] > [Next].
- Enter the number displayed on the PS3™ system's screen, and then tap [Register].
When the devices connect successfully, a message indicating that the registration is complete appears.
- Select [OK] on the PS3™ system.
To use remote play via the Internet from outside your home, you must first put the PS3™ system into remote play connection mode:
- Sign in to PlayStation®Network on the PS3™ system.
You must sign in using the same account to which your PS Vita system is linked.
- Select (Network) > (Remote Play) to put the PS3™ system into remote play connection mode.
- On your PS Vita system, tap (Remote Play) > [Start].
When using Remote Play for the first time, a message informs you that it is necessary to register your PS Vita system with the PS3™ system. If you see this message, perform the registration.
- Tap [Connect via Internet].
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
When the devices connect successfully, the PS3™ system screen appears on your PS Vita system.
- If you enable remote start on the PS3™ system, you can use remote play when the PS3™ system is in standby mode. For details, see (Settings) > [Remote Play Settings] > [Remote Start] in the PS3™ system's user's guide.
- During remote play, if you go to the screen for a different application, the remote play connection is closed after 30 seconds.