You can purchase and download games, game add-ons, videos and other content from PlayStation®Store. You can also rent videos and download the latest free trial versions of games and promotional videos.
- To use (PS Store), you must have a Sony Entertainment Network account. You can browse the content of PlayStation®Store without signing up for an account on your system. However, you must be signed up for an account on your system to download content. To download content from PlayStation®Store, follow the screens to sign up.
- PSNSM and PlayStation®Store are only available in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services provided by PlayStation®Store and the specific content available vary by country and region. Contact customer support in your country or region for details.
- You can only download content from PlayStation®Store for the country or region where your account is registered.
- To download content, a memory card* is necessary.
- For a PCH-1000 series system, you must have a memory card for the PS Vita system inserted.
- Some downloads require that your system is connected to the Internet using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Depending on the content, you might need to join PlayStation®Plus to purchase or to download.
- On the details screen of the content that you want to download, select [Buy Now] or [Download], [Get Now] or [Rent Now].
If you select [Download] or [Get Now], downloading begins.
If you select [Buy Now] or [Rent Now], a purchase confirmation screen appears.
- Confirm the displayed information and select [Order & Pay].
- When the purchase is completed, downloading starts automatically.
To check the progress of downloading or installation, press the PS button and select the notification indicator in the upper right corner of the screen.
For details about making a payment for and downloading pre-ordered content, refer to the information provided in PlayStation®Store.
- You can set your system so that a password is required at the time of purchase, before the purchase confirmation screen appears. The password is your account password. Select (Options) > [Transaction Management] > [Security], and then select the [Require password at checkout] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- Your system is activated automatically when you purchase or download content. The number of devices that can be activated for your account is limited and differs for each content type. If the purchase or download would exceed the activation limit for the content type, a message appears and you cannot purchase or download the content. To purchase or download this content type on your system, you must first deactivate a different device that is linked to your account and is activated. Deactivate the other device using that device, and then try again to purchase or download the content on your device.