Playing a game downloaded from PlayStation®Store
You can play games that you download from (PS Store).
In addition to PlayStation®Vita format software, you can download and play games or software, including games for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system (PSP™Game software) and PlayStation® format software, on your system. For details about game formats and compatible systems, refer to the information provided in PlayStation®Store.
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your system.
- To download a game, a memory card* is necessary.
- For a PCH-1000 series system, you must have a memory card for the PS Vita system inserted.
- PSNSM and PlayStation®Store are only available in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services offered by PlayStation®Store, and the specific content available, vary by country and region. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
Downloading and installing games
You can download a game from (PS Store). For details about downloading games, see "Downloading content".
Some downloads require that your system is connected to the Internet using a wireless access point. Those downloads cannot occur over a mobile network.
Downloaded games are installed automatically when you go back to the home screen. When installation of a game is complete, the game icon appears on the home screen.
Select the notification indicator and view the notification to determine whether a game was installed successfully.
- To retry the installation of a game that was not successful, select the notification about the failed installation in the notification list.
- Game data, that is the data related to the game such as add-ons, is installed when you start the game by selecting the icon for the game on the home screen and then selecting [Start] on the LiveArea™ screen for the game.
- Even if you delete a game you have purchased previously from PlayStation®Store, you can download it again at no additional charge. For details, see "Downloading content again".
Playing a downloaded game
The basic operations are the same as those for a game on PlayStation®Vita card. For details, see "Playing a game on a PlayStation®Vita card".
While playing PSP™Game software or PlayStation® format software, you can configure settings such as those for the controller. You can also set the screen display method. For details, see "Playing a game for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system on your system" and "Playing PlayStation® format software on your system".