As a parent or guardian, you can use parental controls to restrict access to certain content or features for children using your PS4™ system.
To set parental controls, you’ll need an adult account and to set up a family. Follow the instructions below.
Creating an adult account
Parents or guardians who already have an account
Proceed to “Adding a child to your family”.
Parents or guardians who don’t have an account
First, you need to create an adult account. After you create an account, a message appears asking if you want to set up a family. Select [Set Up Now], and then proceed to step 3 of “Adding a child to your family”.
As the family manager, you can add children to your family.
- Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [Family Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information.
- Select [Add Family Member].
- Select [Create User], and then follow the on-screen instructions.
You can set restrictions for individual children on the parental controls screen. For details, see “Setting parental controls”.
When you add your children as family members, they're added to the list of users on your PS4™ system.
- A child who has permission to join PlayStation™Network can finish account creation on their own after logging in to the PS4™ system.
- To view or change parental control settings later, or to add more family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [Family Management].
Parental controls include settings for your PS4™ system and settings for individual children.
PS4™ system settings apply to all users who log in to your PS4™ system. For details, see “PS4 System Restrictions”.
Parental controls for individual children can be set when you add a child as a family member. For details on available settings, see the following.
- You can manage parental controls from (PlayStation App) or by visiting the website below using your PC or smartphone.
- Settings available vary depending on the country or region, or the status of your child’s account. For details, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
The following settings are recommended when you and your family use the PS4™ system.
Block Other Family Members from Logging in as You
To prevent children from logging in to the PS4™ system using a parent or guardian’s account, set a login passcode. Log in to the account you want to set a login passcode for, and then select (Settings) > [Login Settings] > [Login Passcode Management].
Block New User Creation and Guest Logins
To allow only existing users to log in to your PS4™ system, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [PS4 System Restrictions] > [New User Creation and Guest Login].