Playing a game for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system on your PS Vita system
You can download and play games for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system (PSP™Game software) on your PS Vita system.
PSP™Game software can be downloaded from (PS Store), or can be also downloaded from (PlayStation®Store) onto a PS3™ system and copied to your PS Vita system. For details on downloading or copying, see "Playing a game downloaded from PlayStation®Store" and "Playing a game downloaded using a PS3™ system and copied to your PS Vita system".
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- Insert the memory card for the PS Vita system into your PS Vita system before downloading or copying PSP™Game software.
- Some PSP™Game software titles are not compatible with the PS Vita system.
Playing PSP™Game software
The basic operations are the same as those for a game on PlayStation®Vita card. For details, see "Playing a game on a PlayStation®Vita card".
Saved data for PSP™Game software
The saved data for PSP™Game software is saved on the memory card for the PS Vita system.
- Saved data for PSP™Game software is managed separately from the application data (game data).
- You can use (Content Manager) to copy or back up saved data onto a PS3™ system or computer.
- If a game is supported by multiple systems, you can copy and play existing saved data for that game from a PS3™ system or PSP™ system. For details, see "Copying and playing saved data on multiple systems".
When PSP™Game software is running, touch and hold the screen to display the Settings screen, where you can make various settings.
Bilinear filtering is a function that smoothes the roughness of the graphics. Because the screen resolution for PSP™Game software is suited for the PSP™ system screen, graphics can appear rough when they are displayed on your PS Vita system, which supports some HD (high definition) formats. Enable bilinear filtering to enjoy smoother graphics.
With some games, the effects of bilinear filtering might be hard to see, and the graphics might be rough even when bilinear filtering is enabled. In this case, disable bilinear filtering.
You can assign PSP™ system functions, such as the analog stick and the functions of directional buttons, to the right stick of your PS Vita system.
You can specify whether your PS Vita system uses the front camera or the rear camera.
Colour Space (PSP™ System)
The screen of your PS Vita system uses organic EL technology, so its colour space differs from the colour space of the PSP™ system, which uses a liquid crystal screen. Enabling this function makes the colour space of your PS Vita system more like that of a liquid crystal screen, so you can enjoy more original colour.
With some games, the effect of this function might be hard to see even when this function is enabled, and the colours might not be to your liking. In this case, disable this function.
Assigning the Touchscreen
You can assign the directional buttons and other buttons of the PSP™ system to the four corners of the screen of your PS Vita system.
Deleting PSP™Game stored content
You can delete content such as songs or images that were created during gameplay.
On the PS Vita system, all content created in each game is saved on the memory card as PSP™Game data. Enable this feature to delete all the saved content when you start any PSP™Game.