To watch a video or movie, select it from the list. You can sort the list by name or date.
- A )
- (Index Bar)
Touch the icon to display the index bar and then drag the index bar to find the video or movie you want to watch.
- B )
- Sorting menu
To change the sorting of a list, select the menu and select the sorting you want to use.
- If you connect your system to a PS3™ system, a computer, or other device, any connected devices will appear in the list of categories. You only need to select a content item to play it.*
- Content items that have copyright protection are exceptions. To play those copyright protected content items, copy them to your system.
- If you are managing content in folders on the connected device, you can copy entire folders to your system. For details on copying folders, see "Content Manager".
- When (Age restricted content) appears next to a video, the parental control level on your system prevents you from watching the video.
Select a video to watch it.
Controls such as the operation buttons are hidden automatically after a few seconds. Tap the screen again to display the controls.
- A )
- (Scene Search)
Use Scene Search to find a specific scene in a video. Select the Scene Search icon to display thumbnails for chapters and time intervals. Flick the scene thumbnails to find the scene you want to watch, and then select the thumbnail to play the scene. Select (Down) and (Up) to change the scene-search interval.
- B )
- Progress bar
Tap the desired location on the progress bar, or drag the knob to that location.
- C )
- (Previous (Return to Beginning))/ (Next)/ (1.5x playback)/ (1.0x playback)/ (Play)/ (Pause)/ (Instant Replay)/ (Instant Advance)
Select the icons to control video playback.
Select (Previous (Return to Beginning)) to move to a previous chapter, and select (Next) to move to a next chapter. If the video does not have chapter information, selecting (Previous (Return to Beginning)) resets the video currently playing to the beginning. Selecting (Next) selects the next video.
(1.5x playback) changes playback speed to 1.5x. To change playback speed back to normal speed, select (1.0x playback).
Select (Instant Replay) or (Instant Advance) to move to a place 15 seconds back or forward in the video.
- (1.5x playback) is not supported for video with 1080 resolution.
- Video creators control which video playback controls can be used at which times. For this reason, some of the controls on the control panel might not function at all times.
- You can also transfer a video that is playing on your PS Vita system to your PS TV system. This lets you watch the video on your TV. For details, see "Watching videos and viewing photos by transferring them to your PS TV system".
Controlling with the buttons on your system
|Play/Pause||Press the button|
(Jump back/Jump forward)
|Press the button or button
You can switch between three levels of speed every time you press the button. If you hold down the button, the video will fast-rewind or fast-forward until the button is released.
When playing a video that is stored on a connected device, the video will jump back or jump forward. You can switch between three levels of jump interval every time you press the button. If you hold down the directional button after the jump interval is selected, the video will jump in the selected interval as long as the button is held down.
|Previous (Return to Beginning)/Next||Press the L button or R button
You must select the (Options) > [Settings] > [Skip with L/R buttons] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable the setting.
|Playback speed change||
Press the button or button
|Scene search||Press the button
On the screen where you select a scene, you can change the scene-search interval, in which thumbnails are displayed, with the button and button. Select the scene you want to watch with the button or button.
- For operations controlled by the directional buttons, you can use the left stick instead.
- To enable operation with some buttons, you must select (Settings) > [Start] > [System] > [Control with Buttons on PS Vita System] to set a checkmark.
- Playback speed over 1.1x is not supported for video with 1080 resolution.
You can rename copied folders on your system.
Select (Folders) in the list of categories, then select the folder you want to rename. Select (Options) > [Edit Name] to rename.