Playing PlayStation® format software on your PS Vita system
You can download and play PlayStation® format software on your PS Vita system.
PlayStation® format software can be downloaded from (PS Store), or downloaded from (PlayStation®Store) on a PS3™ system and copied to your PS Vita system. For details, see "Playing a game downloaded from PlayStation®Store" and "Playing a game downloaded using a PS3™ system and copied to your PS Vita system".
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- To download or copy a game, a memory card for the PlayStation®Vita system must be inserted in your PS Vita system.
- Some PlayStation® format software is not compatible with the PS Vita system.
- PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store are only available in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services offered by PlayStation®Store, and the specific content available, vary by country and region. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
- Some games cannot be copied from the PS3™ system to your PS Vita system, or cannot be downloaded using your PS Vita system.
Playing PlayStation® format software
The basic operations are the same as those for a game on PlayStation®Vita card. For details, see "Playing a game on a PlayStation®Vita card".
Saved data for PlayStation® format software
Saved data for PlayStation® format software is saved on virtual memory cards created on the memory card for the PS Vita system.
A virtual memory card is created automatically when you start PlayStation® format software and save your game. For each application, two virtual memory cards (for MEMORY CARD slots 1 and 2) are created with the same name as the title of the game.
- The maximum amount of saved data that can be stored in one virtual memory card is 15 blocks. The number of blocks required to save data varies depending on the software in use.
- Saved data for PlayStation® format software is managed separately from the application data (game data).
- You can use (Content Manager) to copy or back up saved data onto a PS3™ system or computer.
- If a game is supported by multiple systems, you can copy and play existing saved data for that game from a PS3™ system or PSP™ system. For details, see "Copying and playing saved data on multiple systems".
PlayStation® format software menu
When PlayStation® format software is running, touch and hold the screen to display the Settings screen, where you can make various settings.
The settings displayed vary depending on the game.
You can take screenshots during gameplay in games that support the screenshot feature. You can view the captured screenshots in (Photos).
Some PlayStation®format software requires the switching of discs. When playing such games on your PS Vita system, the switching of discs is performed virtually.
You can change controller settings during gameplay.
You can change button assignments.
Select [Custom] to assign the buttons to any of the buttons on your PS Vita system. The settings for [Custom] are saved separately for each game.
|Assign Touchscreen||You can assign controller buttons of the PlayStation® system to the four corners of the screen.|
|Assign Rear Touch Pad||
You can assign the rear touch pad to act like buttons on a controller for the PlayStation® system. Select the left half to assign the L1 button/L2 button/L3 button, and select the right half to assign the R1 button/R2 button/R3 button.
Note that any settings for [Assign Rear Touch Pad] will override the settings for [Standard] under [Assign Buttons].
|Assign Controllers||You can change the controller port assignment. If the controller port is specified by the game, assign the appropriate controller port.|
|Switch Modes||You can switch the controller mode. Switch to a mode that supports the game you are playing. For some games, the mode is selected automatically.|
Memory Card Utility
You can import saved data to a virtual memory card or delete saved data from a virtual memory card.
The virtual memory card for the game that is running is displayed on the left side of the screen. You can switch between MEMORY CARD slot 1 and 2 with (Left) and (Right).
You can import saved data using the following method:
- Tap [Import].
Another virtual memory card appears on the right side of the screen. Select the virtual memory card containing the saved data you want to import with (Left) and (Right).
- Tap the saved data you want to import.
- Tap [Copy].
You can delete saved data using the following method:
- Tap the saved data you want to delete.
- Tap [Delete].
While playing a game, you can adjust settings such as those for the screen and volume.
|Screen Mode||You can set the mode you want to display. If you select [Custom], you can change the screen size by dragging the screen, by pinching the screen in, or by pinching the screen out.|
|Volume Adjustment||You can adjust the volume.|
|Disc Load Speed||You can adjust disc load speed. If you select [Fast], disc load speed will be improved.|
|Bilinear Filtering||Bilinear filtering is a function that smoothens the roughness of the graphics. Enable bilinear filtering to enjoy smoother graphics when the graphics displayed on your PS Vita system appear rough.|
With some games, the effects of this function might be hard to see, and the graphics might be rough even when this function is enabled. In this case, adjust this setting to [Normal] or disable this function.
You can reset a game.